- 500g potatoes (such as Pontiac or Desiree), peeled
- 440g can red salmon
- 1 small onion, peeled, grated
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) milk
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Kisan Sunflower cooking oil
- Mayonnaise, to serve
- Cut the potatoes into rough chunks. Boil or steam until tender, then mash until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Drain the salmon and remove any bones. Add to the potatoes with the onion, celery, dill and lemon rind, and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well together, then use your hands to form into 8 patties. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl. Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each patty in the flour, then in the egg mixture and lastly in the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add patties (in batches) and fry both sides until golden brown. Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise and the cucumber salad.