- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) sablefish (black cod) filets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons kisan canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Add sablefish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from dish and reserve marinade. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and lay fish in pan, skin side up. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and to desired degree of doneness.
- While fish cooks, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 7 minutes, or until marinade is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Brush fish with glaze and garnish with sliced green onions.