- 1 1/2 pounds boneless cod or halibut fillets, cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs, lightly toasted*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- For Tartar Sauce (makes 1/2 cup):
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Position rack in upper third of oven. Spread oil on a large lined baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish, combine toasted panko crumbs, salt and cayenne. In a separate dish, add flour. In a third separate dish, beat eggs. Coat fish in flour, dip in beaten eggs, then coat with panko crumbs. Arrange fish on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through. The fish should be opaque, tender and flaky,
Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with fish sticks and lemon wedges.