- 30 oz. tilapia or swai filets (six filets about 5 oz. each)
- 6 T. homemade mayo
- 3 oz. crushed plain pork rinds
- ½ tsp. Seafood Spice Blend
- 1 Tsp. kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 1 Tomatoe
- Coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 450º. Rub a metal baking sheet with olive oil. DO NOT USE A SILICONE PAN LINER OR THESE WILL NOT BROWN PROPERLY. Been there; done that.
- Crush pork rinds and place in shallow bowl. Add spice blend and stir well. If you like things real spicy, you might want to increase the spice blend a bit or add more cayenne. Most important step here: Pat surfaces of fish dry with a paper towel. Then brush each fish filet on both sides with a tablespoon of mayonnaise. You want to be sure not to miss any spots. There doesn’t have to be a LOT of mayo, but the entire surface must be moistened with it for the coating to adhere. If you substitute a commercial mayo, you will have more difficulty getting good coverage, as it is so thick.
- Holding the filets up (one at a time) by the tips, between your index finger and thumb in one hand, and with your other hand, spoon the coating over each filet on both sides to coat well. I find if you just dip them into a plate full of the coating, the first two get coated nicely and you run out of coating before all are coated! That’s ever so annoying! When all are coated, lay each filet onto your oiled pan. Place in hot 450º oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until done and crispy on top. There’s actually no need to turn the filets over during cooking as the bottoms get even browner than the tops!