- 1kg beetroot, peeled, chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 0.5 garlic bulb, halved (unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup kisan canola cooking oil
- 300g dried spiral pasta
- 120g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 60g baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place beetroot on 1 prepared tray. Place pumpkin, onion and garlic on remaining prepared tray. Drizzle with half the oil. Toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Return pasta and cooking liquid to pan.
- Squeeze garlic from skins. Discard skins. Add to pasta with pumpkin, onion, ricotta, spinach, beetroot and oil. Toss gently over low heat until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.