- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Kisan canola cooking oil
- 2-1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature (1/2 of an 8-ounce package)
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Crumble beef while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain off fat.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes and green chilies, frozen corn kernels, taco seasoning and macaroni. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is done. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese until melted and blended. Top with chopped cilantro, if desired.