- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rigatoni or penne (about 3 cups)
- 8 ounces lean (93% or leaner) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ? teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat kisan oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Add beef to the vegetables and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add wine and cook until almost evaporated, 1 to 1½ minutes. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and nutmeg; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in salt and pepper. Serve the pasta with the sauce.