- 400g dried curly fettuccine pasta
- 40g butter
- 50g kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 400g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 425ml pouring cream
- 30g (1/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- 30g (1/3 cup) shredded romano
- Parmesan (optional), extra, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- Heat the butter in the frying pan. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tender and the liquid has reduced.
- Add the pale section of the shallot and stir to combine. Stir in the bacon and cream. Simmer for 6-7 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Add the parmesan and romano, and stir until well combined.
- Add the pasta and green section of the shallot to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and toss until well combined. Divide the pasta among serving dishes. Top with extra parmesan.