- 8 oz. penne or ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 pkgs (9 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup kisan canola cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. minced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento Shredded Mozzarella - Fine Cut, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water adding spinach to pasta during last minute of cooking, stirring until wilted.
- Meanwhile, mix cheese, sun dried tomatoes and basil; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer; cook 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spinach; add to skillet, tossing well.
- Simmer 2 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Stir in tomato; heat through. Season with salt to taste. Transfer mixture to four shallow pasta bowls;
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup of cheese. Immediately toss pasta with two spoons until cheese melts.
- Top each serving with remaining cheese. Serve with freshly ground black pepper (optional).
No More Clumping Salt
If your salt is clumping, just put few grains of rice in it. The rice will absorb the excessive moisture.