- 2 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 anchovies in oil, drained, chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g Italian sausages
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add anchovies, if using, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Squeeze sausages from casings. Discard casings.
- Add sausage mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add tomato to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, tear lasagne sheets into long strips. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add sauce to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve topped with parmesan and basil.
How to Reuse Cooking Oil
If you want to reuse cooking oil free of taste and smell, just cook a ¼ piece of ginger in the oil. Your oil will become clear and odor less