- 2 teaspoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 120g (3/4 cup) frozen peas
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra light thickened cream
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 x 175g pkt hot salmon, skin removed, flaked
- 350g dried angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the asparagus and peas, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and tender crisp.
- Stir in the cream, lemon juice and salmon. Cook for 1 minute or until the salmon is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 80ml (1/3 cup) of the cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta, reserved cooking liquid and mint to the salmon mixture and stir until well combined.
A Pair Of Scissors Can Do It All
Your kitchen also needs its very own pair of scissors. They can help in snipping green chilies, fresh herbs, green onions and other vegetables