- 500 Grams Beef brisket
- 2 Large daikon radish - white carrot
- 2 Large carrot
- 4 Slice Ginger, 0.5cm thick
- 2 Cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 Pieces Star anise
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Chu Hou paste
- 1 Pinch White pepper
- 1 Tablespoon kisan pure Vegetable ghee
- Ingredient prep! Remove excess fat and cube the beef in 1-2 inch cubes.
- Wash and peel the carrots and daikon radish and chop into fairly large pieces - 3 inch long for the daikon and 2-3 inch long carrot pieces.
- Heat ghee in a heavy based pot. Lightly fry ginger and garlic for 1 min. Add the beef in batches and brown. Add both soy sauces and scrape any browned bits. Stir in the chu hou paste. Add the star anis, cinnamon, carrot, daikon, sugar and cover with enough water. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Stir often (and gently not to break the daikon or carrots) while simmering. It's ready when the beef is literally falling apart and melts in the mouth!