- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 500g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kisan canola cooking oil
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry and cornflour in a bowl. Add the beef and toss to coat. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil and heat until just smoking. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry half the beef for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and beef, reheating wok between batches.
- Stir-fry the ginger, chilli and garlic in the wok for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the snow peas and stock. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the snow peas are bright green and tender crisp. Stir in the beef, oyster sauce and sugar. Serve with rice.