- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1 cup kisan Sunflower cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Coles RSPCA approved whole chicken extra large
- 12 chat potatoes, halved
- 3 eggs
- 500g green beans
- 4 cups shredded white cabbage
- 200g bean sprouts
- 200ml coconut cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2-1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- Preheat oven to 180. Combine 2 tablespoons of the kecap manis and garlic in a small bowl. Rinse the chicken and cavity with cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place in a baking dish. Spread the kecap manis mixture all over the chicken. Roast, brushing occasionally with the dish juices, for 1 ½ hours or until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thigh.Cover with foil if overbrowning.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Add the eggs. Cook for a further 9 minutes, adding the beans in the last 3 minuets. Drain. Peel the eggs. Cut the potato pieces in half. Cut the eggs into quarters. Toss the cabbage, bean sprouts, potato and beans on a large platter. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the egg.
- Place the coconut cream, peanut butter, curry powder and remaining kecap manis in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking often, for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and the sauce comes to the boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and place on a serving platter. Drizzle half of the satay sauce over the salad and serve the remaining sauce on the side.