- 1/2 cup quick-cooking, whole grain brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- While rice is cooking, in a blender combine water, 1 Tbsp. of the oil, basil, parsley, mint and tarragon; puree until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil over medium heat. Add scallions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add snow peas and regular peas and cook 2 minutes more. Add cooked rice and stir well to combine and heat through, about 1 minute more.
- Remove rice mixture from the heat, transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the herb mixture, salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.