- 1. Cooked rice, 3 cups.
- 2. Diced onion, 1 cup.
- 3. Chopped tomatoes, 2 cups.
- 4. Ginger-garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon.
- 5. Green chilies, 2, slit into 2.
- ksian sunflower cooking oil 1 cup
- 6. Cooked black eyed peas, 1 cup.
- 7. Washed and chopped spinach, 1 cup.
- 8. Bell peppers or any other vegetables like carrot, green beans etc, 1 cup.
- 9. Turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon.
- 10. Mustard seeds, 1/4 teaspoon.
- 11. Fennel seeds, 1/2 teaspoon.
- 12. Urad dhal, 1/2 teaspoon.
- 13. Channa dhal, 1/2 teaspoon.
- 14. Dried red chilies, 1, break them into 2.
- 15. Salt, as per taste.
- 16. Curry leaves and chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Now add the fennel seeds, channa dhal, urad dhal and broken dry red chilies and fry for a few seconds. Now add the diced onions and saute until tender. Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, and turmeric powder at this stage and keep sauteing until everything is well blended. Add salt now and mix well. After this add the black eyed peas and chopped spinach; mix everything well and let the spinach wilt. Now add the cooled rice and mix well. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.