- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 TSB kisan cooking oil
- 4 TBS butter
- 1 TBS turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups frozen peas (or more, to taste)
- Cilantro to garnish, optional
- Put the rice, salt, and turmeric in the rice cooker and stir everything around until combined
- I didn’t stir mine in, so it clumped together. No harm done since I tossed it vigorously once the rice was cooked, but it would have been easier if I’d stirred it in beforehand. Anyway, add the water and butter, and cook in the rice cooker until done.
- Add the frozen peas a few minutes before serving, and toss them in the hot rice
- The heat of the rice will cook them to the perfect temperature.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro.
- Wow. Are we really, um, done here? I don’t think I’ve ever posted an easier recipe, or one with so few instructions. Are you proud, Carrie?