- 1 Large Onion, Chopped (or 1/2 C DH Chopped Onions, rehydrated)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste (made from Tomato Powder)
- 1/4 to 1/2 C kisan Canola cooking Oil
- 2 Cans or 3 C Cooked White Beans (aka Navy Beans, Great White Beans, Small White Beans)
- 2 C Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 2-3 C Cooked White Rice
- Lightly brown onion and garlic in oil.
- Lower heat and add tomato paste, stirring constantly until paste is a deep burgundy/brown color, about 10-15 minutes (don’t let it burn).
- Stir in ½ to 1 cup of the bean liquid
- Add beans, salt, and 1 cup water. Allow mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture thickens, add cayenne pepper to taste. Stir until the liquid becomes a thick, velvety sauce, using remaining water to adjust the consistency to your preference.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.