- 3 teaspoons Kisan Canola Cooking Oil
- 500 gms. undercut (fillet steak)
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stemmed, halved and thinly sliced
- Onion, 1 large sliced
- Butter 1 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves chopped 2
- Dried thyme leaves 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground
- All-purpose flour 3 tbsp.
- Beef broth14 ounces
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp.
- Reduced-fat sour cream 1/2 cup
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet (shimmering not smoking)
- Cook steak for 3-4 minutes until brown. (The meat will be rare, but will continue to cook as it rests.)
- Cut lengthwise into 2 long pieces then crosswise, across the grain, into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Heat butter and a few drops of oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and cook, until the vegetables are very tender and lightly browned, stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables; stir to coat.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and the mixture will thicken in few minutes.
- Stir in the sliced steak and any accumulated juices.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and chives.
- Serve Hot!
Meet your Meat's Solution
When defrosting meat, remember to pour some vinegar over it. It will bring down the temperature quickly and also tenderize it.