A healthy dish done right, these noodles are big on flavor and taste
- Purple sprouting broccoli 200g
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Good-quality sirloin steaks 2 x 300g
- Coriander seeds 2 tsp.
- Olive oil as required
- Red onion sliced 1.
- Garlic sliced 2 cloves
- Fresh ginger, finely chopped thumb-sized
- Soya sauce 3 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp.
- Sesame oil 1tsp.
- Red chillies fresh as required
- Fresh basil 1/2 tsp.
- Egg noodles, to serve
- Red chilli finely sliced, to serve
- Place the broccoli spears into a heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water. Add a good pinch of salt and leave for 10 minutes. Drain and put to one side.
- Slice the steaks into finger-sized strips and season with salt and pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Grind coriander seeds and sprinkle over the meat so they stick to it and give it a lovely, fragrant flavour.
- Heat the wok. Pour in a splash of olive oil and add the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Drop in the seasoned pieces of beef and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli spears and fry for a further 2 minutes, don't stop stirring.
- Pour in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss in the pan until everything is well coated.
- Serve with egg noodles or steamed rice, with some sliced red chilli sprinkled over the top.
Meet your Meat's Solution
When defrosting meat, remember to pour some vinegar over it. It will bring down the temperature quickly and also tenderize it.