- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sirloin steaks good-quality 2 x 300g
- Coriander seeds 2 tsp.
- Kisan Canola Cooking Oil as required
- Red onion, peeled and finely sliced 1
- Garlic, peeled and finely sliced 2 cloves
- Fresh ginger chopped thumb size
- Soy sauce 3 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp.
- Sesame oil 1 tsp.
- Red chillies fresh as required
- Fresh basil 1/2 tsp.
- Egg noodles, to serve
- Finely sliced red chilli, to serve
- Place the broccoli spears into a heatproof bowl and cover them with boiling water. Add a good pinch of salt and leave for 10 minutes. Drain and put to one side.
- Slice the steaks into finger-sized strips and season with salt and pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Grind coriander seeds and sprinkle over the meat so they stick to it and give it a lovely, fragrant flavour.
- Heat the pot. Pour in a splash of olive oil and onions, garlic and ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes until the onions have softened a little.
- Drop in the seasoned pieces of beef and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli spears and fry for another 2 minutes, keep stirring.
- Pour in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Toss in the pan until everything is well coated.
- Serve with egg noodles or steamed rice, with some sliced red chilli sprinkled over the top.
Meet your Meat's Solution
When defrosting meat, remember to pour some vinegar over it. It will bring down the temperature quickly and also tenderize it.