- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 lb cooked basa, crumbled
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tbsp kisan canola cooking oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- To taste, salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, wheat germ, ginger and curry powder. Reserve.
- In another bowl, combine basa, green onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the breadcrumb mixture, egg and 1/4 cup (60 mL) yogurt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture seems too moist, add breadcrumbs. If it seems too dry, add a little yogurt. Transfer remaining breadcrumb mixture to a flat plate. With your hands, shape 4 large fish patties or 8 small patties and coat each with the breadcrumbs.
- Brush off excess crumbs and reserve patties. In a small bowl, blend remaining yogurt, fresh cilantro and garlic. Add Tabasco sauce to taste. Cover bowl and reserve in refrigerator.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet, and cook fish cakes for about 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve on a bed of baby greens, with vegetables couscous and the yogurt sauce.