- 6 egg whites?
- ? cup coconut milk?
- 4 tbsp coconut flour?
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- ½ tsp baking powder?
- kisan sunflower cooking oil, for frying??
- 250 g flathead fish fillets, or any white fish
- ½ cup coconut flour?
- ½ tsp chilli powder?
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika?
- pinch salt?
- 2 eggs
- To make the dressing, combine the yoghurt, lime rind, coconut sugar and fish sauce. Set aside to let the flavours infuse.
- For the tortillas, combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl using a whisk or a fork until the mixture is smooth. The coconut flour tends to clump so stir until all the lumps are out, the mixture should be slightly runnier than pancake batter. Heat a frypan on medium heat and generously grease with coconut oil. Add a good dollop of batter into the pan. Use the back of a spoon or ladle to spread the mixture in a circular motion and make a tortilla with a diameter of approximately 10 cm. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Set aside in a warm spot or low oven.
- Cut the fish into 10 cm lengths. Combine the coconut flour, chilli, coriander, paprika and salt in a bowl. Break the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk. Coat the fish in the egg and then the coconut flour mixture. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and grease generously with coconut oil. Fry fish in batches for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until the batter is golden brown. Be careful not to overcook, you want your fish to stay succulent!
- To make the salad, combine the cabbage, onion, chilli, coriander, avocado and mango. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Now, put it all together! Spoon the salad into the tacos, top with a fillet of fish, drizzle with the yoghurt dressing and, for extra tang, add another squeeze of fresh lime juice.