- Rice boiled with 1 tbsp. salt 1/4 kilo
- Chicken boneless breast thinly sliced 1
- Salt, black pepper, mustard powder 1/4 tsp each
- Ketchup 1 tbsp.
- Wooster sauce 1 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste 1/4 tsp.
- Kisan Canola Cooking Oil 3 tbsp.
- Raisins 10 to 12
- Cloves 5
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp.
- Allspice powder 1/2 tsp.
- Yellow colour pinch
- Onion chopped 2 tbsp.
- Green chillies sliced 2
- Marinate chicken strips with salt, black pepper, mustard, ginger garlic, ketchup and Wooster sauce.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Fry chopped onion, add marinated chicken, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled rice with green chillies, black pepper, allspice, raisins, mix well.
- Lastly sprinkle yellow colour.
- Put the lid on and leave it on dum (indirect slow cooking technique), for 10 minutes, toss it and serve hot.
Bread is the New Savior
When a pot of rice gets burnt, just place a slice of white bread on the center of the rice for 5 to 10 minutes to get rid of the burnt smell. Make sure you do not scrape the bottom of the pan when serving the rice