Road trips aren’t the same without some delicious crunchy munchies!
For your unbridled foodie indulgence, here are some healthy travel snack recipes that are easy to store, packed with nutrients and extremely tempting, even for picky eaters!
1-Roasted chicken sandwich with a twist
For this scrumptious travel delight, all you need is:
- French bread baguette- 1 (Makes four sandwiches)
- Roasted chicken cubes 250grams
- Chopped green onion 1/3 cup
- Black olives 100 grams
- Mayonnaise 3tbsp
- Crushed black pepper
- Chilli Sauce 1tbsp
- Melted butter 2tbsp
- Cream cheese spread 1 tbsp
- Sliced tomatoes
- Charcoal 1
- In a bowl mix chopped green onion, olives, mayonnaise, crushed black pepper, oregano and chilli sauce, to make a tasty sandwich spread.
- Cut French bread baguette horizontally and divide it 4 pieces.
- Spread butter on one half and cream cheese spread on the other half.
- Top it off with sandwich spread and roasted chicken.
- Smoke a charcoal chunk for roasted chicken to give it a smoky twist.
2-Tomato Grilled cheese Sandwiches
All you need for this gooey cheesy sandwich is:
- Grated Cheddar Cheese ¾ cup
- Multi-Grain Bran Bread ( As required)
- Thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed black pepper
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over each bread slice.
- Top it off with tomato slices and sprinkle salt, pepper and a small blob of butter.
- Lightly coat the bread with cooking spray.
- Cook the sandwiches on medium heat for three minutes or until the cheese melts.
These crunchy almond bars is a perfect travel snack!
- Almonds 1 cup
- Pitted Dates ¾ cup
- Dried apples ¾ cup
- Coconut flakes ½ cup
- Walnuts ¼ cup
- Sunflower seeds ¼ cup
- Chocolate chips ½ cup
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Crispy rice cereal ¾ cup
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine almonds, dates, dried apples, coconut flakes, walnuts and sunflower seeds until finely chopped consistency.
- In a bowl combine the mixture with honey, chocolate chips and crispy rice cereal.
- Press the prepared mixture in a baking dish and freeze for 10-12 hours. Cut into bar like pieces afterwards.
4-Travel Trail Mix
This is a must have while traveling long distance:
- Almonds ½ cup
- Dried apricots 1 cup
- Salted peanuts ½ cup
- Pistachios ½ cup
- Dried figs ½ cup
- Cashew nuts ½ cup
- Raisins ¼ cup
- Kids favourite Jelly mix
- Dark chocolate morsel
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl and store in an airtight container.
5-Stir Fry Noodles
This easy-to-make tempting dish requires few ingredients:
- Pre-cooked noodles
- Boneless chicken strips.
- Ground spices
- Chopped onion
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Chilli sauce 2tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Marinate boneless chicken with ground spices and ginger garlic paste.
- Cook the marinated chicken pieces on medium high flame.
- Combine pre-cooked noodles and marinated chicken together and sprinkle chilli sauce and soy sauce for taste.
- You can also add stir fried vegetables for a more fulfilling meal while traveling.