Recipe Ingredients :
- Butter 225 gm.
- Dark brown sugar 275 gm.
- Large eggs, beaten 2
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa dark chocolate, melted125 g 70%
- Plain flour 250 gm.
- Bicarbonate of soda 1 tsp.
Recipe Method :
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beating in well.
- Next, fold in the melted and cooled chocolate, taking care to blend well but do not overbeat.
- Gently add the flour, to which you've added the bicarbonate soda, alternately spoon by spoon, with 120 ml of boiling water until you have a smooth and fairly liquid batter.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 170C/gas mark 3 and cook for another 15 minutes.
- The cake will still be a bit squidgy inside, so an inserted cake tester or skewer won't come out completely clean.
- Place the loaf tin on a rack and leave to cool completely before removing.