- Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenders
- 1 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened organic coconut
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- kisan sunflower cooking oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 tbs raw honey
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- First make the Honey Mustard Sauce – stir ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside
- Next place macadamia nuts in a food processor or bullet blender and pulse for just a few seconds or use a nut chopper to crush
- In a small bowl mix together the chopped nuts and shredded coconut, then spread the mixture out on a plate
- Next mix together the coconut flour, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside
- Now whisk the two eggs in another small bowl and set it aside.
- (If using pre-cut tenders you can skip this step). Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness and then cut each into about 4 pieces
- Season your chicken with seasoning salt and pepper
- Heat about 1/2-inch of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. (If the coconut oil is spitting back at you, it's too hot!)
- Dip chicken pieces in the coconut flour and seasoning mixture and shake off the excess.
- Next dip chicken in the whipped eggs, and finally press the chicken firmly into the nut and coconut mixture to form a good coating on both sides
- Cook in frying pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side or until crust is golden and chicken is cooked through.
- Place fried chicken pieces on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil
- Cube the chicken and place on a bed of your favorite greens
- Add sliced boiled eggs, cubed avocado, diced tomato
- Drizzle with honey mustard dressing and enjoy!
Meet your Meat's Solution
When defrosting meat, remember to pour some vinegar over it. It will bring down the temperature quickly and also tenderize it