- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 1/4 cup kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 6-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 2-1/2 cups torn curly endive
- 1 bunch watercress (4 ounces), trimmed, divided
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue or Roquefort cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add canola and kisan oils in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, endive and half of the watercress; toss lightly.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Arrange the chicken, tomatoes, avocado, eggs, cheese andthe greens; sprinkle with chives. Top with remaining watercress. Cover and chill until serving.
- To serve, drizzle 1 cup dressing over salad. Serve with remaining dressing if desired.
- Baking Powder Power
- Scrub your vegetables and fruits with baking powder and water to get rid of pesticides