- 2/3 cup (4 oz.) dry orzo pasta
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Add orzo and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients, in a medium bowl.
- Drain orzo and rinse with cold water to cool; drain well. Stir cooled orzo into the tomato mixture. Gently stir in feta before serving.
Save the Tomatoes
We all want to store tomatoes when they are cheap. Here's a really easy tip of canning tomatoes.
Boil a pot of water, dip the tomatoes in for a minute, take them out and immediately run them through a strainer with cold water. The peels will come off easily.
Now store them in a canning jar and add cold water to fill it up. Also add few tablespoons of salt to preserve them"