- 1/3 cup reduced-fat bottled Italian dressing
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup crumbled light feta cheese
- ¼ cup kisan sunflower cooking
- 2 to 3 tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- To make dressing, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Mix together orzo and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Pastas, Potatoes and Plants
Your plants will love the nutrients in the water that is used to boil pasta or potatoes in. Once you are done with the boiling, just cool the water and use it