- 1/2 tablespoon Stevia or 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher/sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup red or orange sweet pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cherry, pear or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- For the dressing, whisk together the, Stevia or honey, salt and pepper and set aside.
- After washing the ears of corn, cut all the kernels off the cobs. (You can blanch the ears in boiling, salted water for one minute before cutting if your corn needs to be “refreshed,” as the magazine calls it.)
- Toss the corn, onions, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and herbs in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the dressing when you’re ready to serve.
The Corn Rule
Remember to boil corn for only three minutes and never put salt in during the process. Over boiling the corn will make it lose its taste and texture