Fresh and creamy Italian salad joh filling honay kay saath saath delicious bhi hay
- Chicken (3 breast fillets) 350 gm.
- Lemon juice 1/4 cup
- Garlic 1 clove
- Cucumber 1
- Garlic pepper2 tsp.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp.
- Cooked penne pasta 1 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sundried tomatoes 1/2 cup
- Pitted olives 1/2 cup
- Parmesan cheese flakes 1/2 cup
Creamy Basil Dressing
- Kisan Sunflower Cooking Oil 1/3 cup
- Vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Garlic pepper 1/4 tsp.
- Mustard 1 tsp.
- Corn flour 3 tbsp.
- Water 1/3 cup
- Cream 2/3 cup
- Shredded basil 1/3 cup
- Salt to taste
- Flatten the chicken slightly with a rolling pin.
- Place chicken in a bowl with lemon juice and garlic and cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and then cut in equal slices.
- Drain chicken and coat with the garlic pepper.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Cook the pieces of chicken for 4 minutes on either side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from heat let it cool and then cut chicken into cubes.
- Combine the pasta and chicken pieces with cucumber slices; sun dried tomatoes and olives in a large seasoning bowl.
- Pour the warm creamy basil dressing on top and toss gently to combine.
- Serve salad warm or cold sprinkled with some parmesan cheese.
To Make Creamy Basil Dressing:
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic pepper and mustard in a medium pan.
- Make paste of the corn flour with the water in a jug.
- Add to the pan and cook over medium heat whisking constantly until it begins to boil and thicken.
- Add the cream, basil and salt and stir through.
Too greasy for its own Good
If your soup or sauce becomes too greasy, just drop an ice cube in it. The ice will attract all the fat, which can then easily be scooped out.