- Dried porcini mushrooms 6 soaked in 1/2 cup hot water
- Fresh mushrooms chopped roughly 350gms
- Garlic 2 cloves finely chopped
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Butter 3 tbsp.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp.
- Thyme fresh 1 1/2 tsp. or 1/2 tsp. dried
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chicken stock 2 cups
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Chop the soaked mushrooms roughly and reserve 1/4 cup of the soaking water.
- Heat up the butter and oil in the pan.
- Add the onions, sauté till transparent then add the garlic and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper and thyme. Boil till water remains half.
- Add the 1/4 cup mushroom soaking water.
- Turn off heat and cool for a few minutes.
- Now grind to a thick paste in a food processor.
- Pour back into a cooking pot then add the chicken stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and dash of nutmeg.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and cream.
Brush your Vegetables Clean
An unused toothbrush can be used in your kitchen to help you clean fresh mushrooms, corn, and other delicate vegetables.