This simple and easy to cook soup has all you want. Taste of cream, the flavor of milk, the energy of corn, nutrients of chicken stock, enhancement of basic spices and what not
- Bell pepper 2
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Olive oil few drops
- Corn 31/2 cup
- Chicken stock 3 cup
- Onion chopped 1
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper as required
- If using fresh red bell peppers dry roast them on a pan till the skin is blistered. Place in an airtight bag for 15 minutes peel off the skin remove seeds and dice into 1/2 inch pieces. If using roasted then just cut into small cubes.
- Heat butter and oil in the pan.
- Sauté onion till transparent that should take 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the diced bell pepper and corn cook for a further 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Place in a food processor add chicken stock and process till nearly smooth.
- Return to the paste to the pot and reheat the soup.
- Gradually stir in the cream and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with some nibbles of corn.
The Corn Rule
Remember to boil corn for only three minutes and never put salt in during the process. Over boiling the corn will make it lose its taste and texture.