A must-try soup with a marvelous blend of broccoli, garlic, and chicken. And the cream just adds fuel to the fire.
- Chicken stock 3 cups
- Boiled chicken 100 gm.
- Broccoli 400 gm.
- Onion 1 chopped fine
- Garlic 2 cloves chopped fine
- Milk 11/2 cup
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Butter 3 tbsp.
- Olive oil 1 tsp.
- In a big pot heat the oil and butter, add the garlic and onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and stir.
- Add the shredded boiled chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and add 1 cup of chicken stock and leave it to simmer for a few minutes.
- Now remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Pour into a food processor and blend to a purée.
- Pour back into the soup pot and add the remaining stock and heat through.
- Add the milk and check salt n pepper seasoning. Bring it to boil.
- Stir in the cream just before serving.
Too greasy for its own Good
If your soup or sauce becomes too greasy, just drop an ice cube in it. The ice will attract all the fat, which can then easily be scooped out.