This spicy yet mild coconut milk soup is a bliss. Noodles in the rich soup will make your taste buds feel the spark of the red chillies. You wont regret trying this.
- Rice vermicelli 150 gm.
- Lime 1
- Red chillies small chopped 4
- Medium onion chopped 1
- Garlic chopped cloves 2
- Lemongrass stalks roughly chopped 2
- Chopped coriander 1 tbsp.
- Ginger thinly sliced 4
- Peanut oil 1 tbsp.
- Chicken stock 3 cups
- Coconut milk 2 3/4 cup
- Chicken tenderloin cut into thin strips 500 gm.
- Spring onions chopped 4
- Bean sprouts 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Soft brown sugar 3 tsp.
- In a bowl place, the vermicelli pours boiling water over it and let it stand for 5 minutes till the noodles get tender.
- Drain the water and cut the noodles into short lengths with a kitchen scissor.
- Remove the lemon rind using a zester or then use a peeler and then cut into fine strips.
- Place the chillies, garlic ginger, onion, lemongrass and coriander in a food processor or blend and blend till it forms a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a very large heavy-based pan.
- Add the chilli mixture and cook for 3 minutes until the flavour is released stirring frequently.
- Add stock, coconut milk and lime rind and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and cook stirring for about 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Add spring onions to soup along with bean sprouts salt and sugar.
- Stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until onions are tender.
- To serve place a large spoon of the rice noodles in every bowl and pour the soup over the noodles.
- Garnish with thinly sliced red chillies and whole coriander leaves.
The Too-Salty Solution
If you have accidentally put too much salt in your soup or curry, place a peeled potato in the pot. It will soak up the surplus and your food won't go to waste!