- 150g (3/4 cup) Basmati rice
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 2 x 185g cans Sole Mare Tuna in kisan Oil Chunk Style, flaked, oil reserved
- 1 x 250g punnet trussed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kisan canola cooking oil
- Cook the rice in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until cooked. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the corn cobs in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Use a sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn cobs, close to the core, to remove the kernels.
- Combine the rice, corn, tuna, reserved oil, tomato, dill and lemon rind in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and kisan oil in a small jug. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the rice salad and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
The Corn Rule
Remember to boil corn for only three minutes and never put salt in during the process. Over boiling the corn will make it lose its taste and texture