- 375g elbow pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 75g butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon kisan canola cookilng oil
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Cook in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add to pasta.
- Melt butter in same pan over medium heat.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until mixture is bubbling. Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and parsley. Add to pasta and bacon mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 12 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Top with tomato. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden. Stand 2 minutes. Serve.
- Pastas, Potatoes and Plants
- Your plants will love the nutrients in the water that is used to boil pasta or potatoes in. Once you are done with the boiling, just cool the water and use it