- 28 Oz whole tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsps kisan canola cooking oil
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- 2 cup(s) frozen lima beans
- 2 cup(s) corn, frozen
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tsp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tsp Large Hass avocado, cubes or slices
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice.
- In a heavy soup pot, sauté onions and cayenne pepper in oil for 5 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add cumin and lima beans and sauté; stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add juice from the tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes and stir them into the pan along with the corn.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in cilantro and add salt and pepper. Garnish with cheese and avocado.
Save the Tomatoes
We all want to store tomatoes when they are cheap. Here's a really easy tip of canning tomatoes. Boil a pot of water, dip the tomatoes in for a minute, take them out and immediately run them through a strainer with cold water. The peels will come off easily. Now store them in a canning jar and add cold water to fill it up. Also add few tablespoons of salt to preserve them