- 1.5 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups bone broth, or organic chicken stock
- 1.5 cups enchilada sauce
- 14oz. black, or pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 14oz. black eyes peas beans, rinsed and drained
- 14-ounce jar of organic tomato sauce
- 2 cups organic corn (I used frozen)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced and seeded
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to your taste
- Add all ingredients to a large crockpot, and stir gently to combine.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on High or 8-10 hours on low, until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Serve warm, with toppings of choice.
- You can refrigerate in air tight containers for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
The Corn Rule
Remember to boil corn for only three minutes and never put salt in during the process. Over boiling the corn will make it lose its taste and texture