- White bread slices 4 cut into 8 pieces
- Milk 1 liter
- Sugar 1 cup
- Small cardamoms (choti ilaichi) 6(only seeds)
- Milk powder 1 cup
- Yellow food color or saffron one pinch (dissolved in 1 tsp milk)
- Ghee/Oil 1 cup
- Silver waraq (optional)
- Almonds and pistachios 10 (blanched and a slivered)
- Heat ghee/oil in a frying pan.
- Fry slices in it until they are golden brown.
- Remove slices from the ghee/oil and leave them on a newspaper.
- Wipe off the ghee/oil from the frying pan and boil milk in it.
- When milk starts boiling put in cardamom seeds, sugar and milk powder, let it cook on low heat for five minutes.
- When milk starts thickening mix the dissolved food coloring or saffron.
- Line bread slices at the bottom of a wide serving dish, pour milk mixture over, cool and sprinkle with nuts.
- Decorated with thin sliver paper (silver waraq).
- Serve hot or cold.