- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- kisan sunflower cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 80g marinated feta cheese in kisan oil
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Place tomatoes and onion into roasting pan. Spray with oil. Crush garlic over tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle with sugar, and salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender but still hold their shape.
- Meanwhile, cook rice by the absorption method, following packet directions. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Stir gently with a fork to separate grains.
- Drain feta, reserving 2 tablespoons of oil. Crumble feta over rice. Add pine nuts, parsley, tomato and onion mixture, and salt and pepper to rice. Drizzle with reserved feta oil. Stir gently to combine. Serve at room temperature.