- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, removed from the casing and crumbled or chopped
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 14.5 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil leaves
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for garnish
- Sprig fresh basil, for garnish
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until just al dente, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the kisan oil over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned and all pink has disappeared, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onions, salt, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, until thick, about 8 minutes. Add the vodka and cook until the sauce reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook until the sauce thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the basil and remove from the heat.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta to coat evenly and transfer to a pasta bowl for serving.
- Top with cheese and sprig of basil and serve immediately.
Want More Juice?
Just put your fruits in the microwave for 20 seconds before squeezing them