- Minced meat / Kothu kari – 250g
- Onion chopped – 1/4 cup
- To Roast & Grind
- kisan sunflower cooking oil 1/2 cup
- Roasted gram / pottu kadalai – 3 tbsp
- Dry chilli – 3
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seed or pdr – 1 tsp
- Cardamom, Turmeric pdr – pinch
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- 1. Heat a tsp of kisan oil, and fry the ingredients under ‘ To Roast & Grind ‘ . Grind them to fine pdr. Set aside.
- 2. In a hot kadai, add minced meat and stir for 5 minutes without adding anything, ie, masala, oil, etc… After 5 to 7 minutes of stirring you may notice expelled water with minced meat. Now remove water from the meat and set aside to cool down.
- 3. In a mixer grinder, grind roasted ingredients, salt and minced meat to a tight dough. Do not add water to grind as to avoid oily kola urundai.
- 4. Add chopped onion ( optional ) and coriander leaves with this meat dough and again knead it well.
- 5. Make small balls from the dough and deep fry them till they turn brown.
- 6. Enjoy Mutton Kola Urundai