- Rice soaked for 30 minutes 750 gm.
- Mutton 1/2 kg
- Ginger garlic 1 tbsp.
- Salt 1 tsp. + 1 1/2 tsp.
- Water 2 cups
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Sugar 2 tbsp.
- Raisins 1/2 cup
- Carrots 1 thinly sliced
- Brown onion 1/2 cup
- Black cardamom 2
- Black pepper 8
- Cinnamon 1 inch piece
- Cumin 1 tsp.
- Boil mutton with ginger garlic paste, salt and 2 cups water till mutton tender and water dries.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil, add sugar and caramelize till light golden, add 3 to 4 cups water with 1 1/2 tsp. salt, bring it to boil.
- Add the soaked rice. Cook on high flame, bring it to boil and half water dries, then add to it coarsely grinded whole spice masala mix well and leave it on dum (indirect slow cooking technique).
- In separate pan heat 2 tbsp. oil fry raisins and remove.
- In the same oil add 1 tsp. sugar, slightly caramelize, add in carrot and keep aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in the pan, add 1/2 cup brown onion and boiled mutton. Fry till light golden.
- Add fried mutton on top of the cooked rice surrounded by fried carrots and raisins. Serve hot.
Bread is the New Savior
When a pot of rice gets burnt, just place a slice of white bread on the center of the rice for 5 to 10 minutes to get rid of the burnt smell. Make sure you do not scrape the bottom of the pan when serving the rice