We know that beef becomes delicious when you grill it because grilling locks all flavors and nutrients. Thai food is not new to people because it is available in many countries. The grilled Thai beef recipe, as the name shows goes through grilling. I once went to my favorite hotel where I had grilled Thai beef and I loved it. I tried to find the recipe so I could make it at home. The recipe has beef steak rather than small pieces that I usually garnish with various things like lettuce, chilies, and cilantro, etc. Depending on your taste; you can add any herbs to it but better keep the original taste. Other than beef, the recipe includes soya sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and a little oil to brush over the steak before grilling.
- 1 pound top-round broil or flank steak, about 1 to 1 1/2-inches thick (I used Flat Iron Steak)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons kisan canola cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red curry paste or chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 head red-leaf lettuce, torn (about 6 cups)
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup), divided, for garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup basil leaves, sliced into ribbons (Didn’t add)
- Rinse and pat the meat dry. Place in a sealable plastic bag or small glass dish. In a medium bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, soy sauce, canola oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red curry paste. Pour half the mixture into the bag with the meat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice to the bag. Seal tightly, and marinate meat in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Reserve the rest of the mixture refrigerated, to dress the salad.
- Spray grill or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat. Grill steak until medium-rare, about 5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Let rest until room temperature then slice thinly against the grain.
- Combine lettuce, sliced shallot, cilantro, basil and beef in a salad bowl, reserving a few shallots for garnish. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 plates and garnish with reserved sliced shallots.