- 1/4 cup kisan canola cooking oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups mixture of chopped vegetables **
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, parsley, or chives
- Add the kisan oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-high. Add the onion, garlic, rice, and vegetables and saute them together until the vegetables get soft and the onions are translucent. Add the stock, tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture until all the moisture is absorbed and the rice is soft. This should take about 20 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the fresh dill. parsley, or chives just before serving.