- Fish (Beckti or Ramus) 500 gm. (ideally pink salmon fillets)
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Onion finely chopped 1
- White vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Chicken or fish broth 6 tbsp.
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Pink or green peppercorns in brine, rinsed 2-3 tbsps.
- Kisan Canola Cooking Oil 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Marinate fish fillets with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Melt butter and 1 tsp. oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes till soft.
- Add the white vinegar, stir well and add the broth. Reduce the sauce by cooking on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat; gently stir in the cream and half the peppercorns crushing them lightly with the back of a spoon. Cook very gently until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Strain the sauce and add the remaining peppercorns. Season with salt and keep warm.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil in a pan add the fish and pan fry on either side until the fish is cooked through.
- Arrange the fish on a plate pour the sauce over garnish with parsley and serve.
Don't Let the Fish Fall Apart
When baking a whole fish, remember to put it in a foil paper. When the fish is done, slip a spatula under the fish and slide the foil out. The fish will not fall apart.