- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup fresh coconut, greated,
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds;
- kisan Sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds;
- 2 Tsp urad dal
- Tsp chana daal
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 1-2 sprig fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger
- salt as need
- Put the rice, salt, and turmeric in the rice cooker and stir everything around until combined
- I didn’t stir mine in, so it clumped together. No harm done since I tossed it vigorously once the rice was cooked, but it would have been easier if I’d stirred it in beforehand. Anyway, add the water and butter, and cook in the rice cooker until done.
- Add the frozen peas a few minutes before serving, and toss them in the hot rice
- The heat of the rice will cook them to the perfect temperature.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro.
- Wow. Are we really, um, done here? I don’t think I’ve ever posted an easier recipe, or one with so few instructions. Are you proud, Carrie?