- 450g cubed chicken
- 1/2 small cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 handful chopped fresh coriander
- 5 tablespoons gram flour (chickpea or besan flour)
- kisan pure vegetable ghee as need
- Mix together chicken, cabbage and carrots. Season with turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, tandoori masala, salt and fresh coriander.
- Add gram flour and just enough water to create a smooth, heavy mixture, that clings the chicken and vegetables. Mix well.
- Heat a large pot of oil over low heat. Add the mixture by the spoonful and cook gently, until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat up and fry until golden and crispy.
- Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels. Serve hot with a variety of sauces, such as hot chilli sauce, plain yoghurt or tamarind sauce.